Using the debugger
By ingesting events, you can see them flowing in the Lago application by using the
debugger. It allows you to take a deeper look at ingested events and detect possible warnings.
Accessing the debugger
You can access the event debugger from the UI by following this path:
- Go to the Developers section in the sidebar;
- Click the Debugger tab;
- See a list of ingested events; and
- Reload this list when you ingest new events.
By default, the UI shows you a list of the latest 20 events, but you can load much more by scrolling down the page.
If an event is not shown in the UI, it has not been ingested.
Accessing a specific event
In the debugger, by clicking on a specific event, you will have access to 2 main blocks:
A list of useful properties returned
- Time: timestamp of the received events;
- Customer ID: the ID of your customer;
- Billable metric code: code of the billable metric linked to the event;
- Billable metric name: name of the billable metric linked to the event;
- Transaction ID: unique
transaction_idof the event used as idempotency key;
- IP Address: IP address of the event sender; and
- Client API: Lago Client API used to send the event.
A JSON with event's arguments sent in the payload
Some events can be ingested but triggering a bad or unexpected behavior. This is why Lago displays in the UI two possible warnings:
- The event
codeis not related to an existing billable metric; and
- The billable metric's property used for the aggregation is not sent through this event.