Lago helps you monitor usage and calculates how much each customer owes you. However, Lago is not a payment service provider (PSP).
Payment collection process
To collect payments from your customers, you can:
- Use our native integrations with GoCardless, Stripe Payments or Adyen; or
- Use the webhooks sent by Lago to transmit billing information to your PSP (e.g. Paddle, Razorpay, Authorize.net, internal ledger, etc.).
Lago is agnostic, which means that you can use our billing solution with any PSP.
When payments are processed through one of our native integrations, the payment status of the invoice is automatically updated.
If needed, you can update the payment status via the user interface:
- Access the “Invoices” section;
- Select an invoice from the list;
- Open the “Actions” dropdown menu in the upper right corner;
- Click “Update payment status”;
- Select the new payment status; and
- Click “Update status” to confirm.